How would you blog without the necessary tools? Blog writing and monetizing a blog is a key to every blogger’s success. But without resources and tools, it becomes a difficult task. Blogging tools are the answer to an effective blogging experience.
Here in this post, I have put together some of the most commonly used blogging tools which I have used and which others have suggested. I have tried to make it as comprehensive as possible. Hope it will help your blogging endeavor this year.
45 Blogging Tools For 2017
Content Idea Generators
- BuzzSumo – Great way to find most shared content on social platforms. Very easy to use just enter a topic for results.
- Quora – Find what people are regularly talking about? What questions they have in relevance to topics and industries.
- Google Trends – Find out what’s trending on Google search. Just key in topics and see results.
Blog Title Ideas
- HubSpot Topic Generator – Fill in keywords and the tool will give out relevant blog titles to choose from.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator – One more easy to use tool which can help you come up with prospective blog titles. All you have to do is feed in a keyword and hit go.
- Blog Topic Generator – The principle is the same with this tool too. Just key-in your keyword and wait for title suggestions.
Blog Publishing Tools
- Deepest Sender – A free tool which you can use to publish directly to LiveJournal/WordPress/Blogger etc. Drawback the client only works on Firefox.
- Evernote – Superb Editing and note making tool for immediate integration for your ideas and content delivery
- Open Live Writer – A very lightweight blog editing tool which helps you create blog posts, add photos and videos then publish to your website. It works with all major blog service providers.
Image Sourcing for Blogging
- Flickr Advanced Search – Amazing place to sift through millions of Images which can be used under common license.
- Photogen – Free to use for blogs or websites. But be careful about reselling the images you download or use from here.
- Pixabay – You can’t overlook this place if you are looking for images. You can use this platform to source public domain images.
Editing and Proofreading Tools
- Grammarly – This is the number one tool to help you refine your copywriting skills. From editing suggestions to spell check it has everything that you need.
- Hemmingway App – Wonderful editing tool for blogger, completely free. Helps with word suggestions, Formatting, readability etc.
- Ginger – Top class grammar tool for bloggers. I absolutely love this blogging tool because it makes proofreading so damn easy!
Image Editing Tools
- Canva – I vouch for this amazing and free image editing tool. It lets you do absolutely everything to make infographics, social media images, blog images.
- Pixlr– Easy to use tool which can help you with image editing, enhancements, add-ons etc.
- Ribbet – A simple yet underused photo editor. Awesome tool if you want to create collages etc.
- Google Analytics – Without a doubt, this is the best tool you can get to analyze your blog traffic, reach and other analytics.
- JetPack Stats – If you are a WordPress user, you should have this plugin, this gives you real-time analysis of how your blog is performing.
- Open Web Analytics – This is an application which needs a download and installation onto your server. But it is free.
Time Management and productivity tools for Blogging
- E.gg Timer -An easy to use timer on your web browser, which helps you set a timer and work in frequent bursts. Helps you manage time and focus effectively too.
- Trello – This is a simple project management tool which helps you organize your projects and lists. It makes it easy to manage tasks and deadlines
- Wunderlist – To-do list manager. Easy to use and efficient time and productivity management tool.
- MajesticSEO – This is one of my favorites. it offers options such as the Site Explorer, Backlink History tool, Keyword Checker, Comparator and a Clique Hunter
- Google Webmaster Tool – Handy and free tool to check your keyword ranking, Website links and content quality.
- Moz SEO Toolbar – This is an easily installable toolbar for firefox and chrome which helps in analyzing SEO metrics in real-time. It is an amazing tool to check SERP, Keywords etc.
- Google Keyword Planner – This is the single most important keyword tool of all. Free to use and research. Find currently popular keywords.
- SEMRush – Simple tool to research keywords for which various websites are ranking for. Helps you define your strategy as a whole.
- KWFinder – Helps you generate hundreds of long tail keywords with least SEO difficulty.
Content Distribution Tools
- BufferApp – Add content to be distributed to various social media profiles. You can automate the time and frequency of social media posting.
- ClickToTweet – Integrate this into your posts and have your readers easily tweet your posts to their timelines.
- SocialPilot – Top class social media scheduling platform. Use to create scheduling calendar and bulk scheduling.
- Google Adsense – Without a doubt one of the best contextual ad platforms to make money from your blog. Easy sign-up, approvals are based on quality content and regular updates.
- Infolinks – I love this platform, This is the best in-text advertising platforms which publishers can use to monetize their blogs.
- VigLink – You are a tech blogger? This is just the tool you need. Automatically converts your outbound e-commerce keywords to affiliate links.
Email Marketing Tools
- MailChimp – Amazing and free to use for a subscriber base of at least 2000 emails. I use it for my own campaigns. I consider it as one of my top blogging tools.
- Aweber – By far the most popular email list management and marketing tool. But a paid service.
- Getresponse – Easily one of the most refined email marketing tools available. It has a 30-day free trail option too.
- Blue Host – Very reliable and affordable web host for bloggers.
- HostGator – Again extremely cheap hosting and easy installation
- DreamHost – Hosts over 1.5 million WordPress sites and is easily a very good option for hosting your blog.
Blog Promotion Tools
- Flipboard – Use it for creating attractive magazines and ezines. It is an easy platform to use for article curation too.
- Triberr – A classic platform for starting your own community called tribes. Connect with like-minded individuals and promote your blog
- Wisestamp – Integrate this tool to show your blog post in your email signature. It acts as a browser add-on. Try it.
Take it away! If you are not using these tools then go ahead and start now. If I have missed some amazing blogging tools then let me know about them in the comments.